Hi Lisa here with this Friday’s Light Bulb Moment.
I made a fun CAS card you can give to someone BEARY special.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Started with a horizontal 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card folded at the top.
2. Drew curved line (I used a flexible ruler but a plate or lid would work).
3. Stamped my bears using Take A Load Off, started in the center and worked my way out.
4. Colored them with Copics.
5. Added sentiment from Bee My Honey.
I just love rainbows and could not resist coloring them up this way. Now that I stand back from the card they look like gummy bears with marshmallow tummies don’t they?! LOL.
Show us your SPD creations on our SugarPea Designs Fan Page.
Good Morning, SugarPeeps!!
I hope your summer has been a sweet one so far. Currently the SPD store and office is closed while my family and I are away on vacation. While the boss is away is a great time for you to SAVE!! All week long we are offering 20% – with coupon code: SUMMER20.
Please note that all orders placed during this time will begin shipping on July 31st.
It has been such a treat having Angel as our July Guest Designer and today she has one more sweet project to share with us.
Hi all! It’s Angel again with a card using the super fun Summer Scoops set and matching SugarCuts! The sentiments are just soooo cool (pun intended!) and I couldn’t resist using this little throw back to Depeche Mode.
I inked up the ice cream, cut them out then adhered everything over a kraft layer cut out with one of the SugarCut – Birthday Journal Card dies. Everything is layered over a one of the designer papers from the It’s a Celebration paper pack.
Hi, Lisa here today with my Light Bulb Moment.
This Friday I mixed old and new products to tell someone they’re awesome.
- I embossed with the scallop rectangle from SugarCut – Birthday Journal Card on my card base.
- Stamped the hero image from My Hero on the stitched rectangle from SugarCut – Birthday Journal Card.
- Stamped another hero image cutting out only the jacket, tie, hands and head and popped up.
- I colored in only the jacket and shirt with Copics 100, R24, Y17 (no shading).
- Stamped the sentiment using Take Note, then stamped the “SUPER” from My Hero finished by adding only the tip of the small pencil from Teacher’s Pet by masking.
I colored in only the shirt and jacket to emphasis the sentiment and my focal point. Then I popped up just the jacket and head to give a little dimension and show’s the shirt even more. A pretty easy card to whip up and can be for any age and gender!
Remember to show us what you are creating on the SugarPea Designs Fan Page.
It’s Monday, and we’re starting our week off with something super adorable from our fabulous July Guest Designer, Angel!!
Hi all! Angel here again with a card using the Smitten Kitten
stamp set and matching SugarCuts
. I paper pieced the kitten’s bed using the It’s A Celebration
paper pad, then colored the kitten with Copics. I layered them over the embossed sentiment and layered everything over a watercolored background. That sentiment is just too cute, right?!?
Hello, Lisa here with my Light Bulb Moment.
Today I combined three stamp sets to make a fun “Hello”.
Tin Can Chat is one of my all time favorite SPD stamps. I just love these girls. Here I only stamped one. I wanted to see if I could use the speech bubble from Wanderlust to stamp in and Voila it worked by stamping the back of it. I found the perfect sentiment to go with this little girl answering her can phone using the Take Note set. Also I used SugarCuts Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles for my white base image panel and to make a fun partial frame (the neutral color draws the eye to my image).
- Cut out two of the largest Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles, one from white and one from gray.
- Used the largest Rectangle die again to cut out a diagonal rectangle to frame my image.
- Stamped my girl on the edge of my white panel, colored her and made a grounding shadow.
- Used back of smile speech bubble for sentiment bubble.
- Stamped “Hello” inside of bubble.
See you on the SugarPea Designs Facebook Fan Page!